New stuff below! April 15th, 2008
Sad but True-Then and Now
Michael Moore. You've heard the name. You either love him or hate him. But one thing for sure is we need him and more people like him. Watch this video about an HMO and a guy who needs a pancreas. Even though he paid his premiums for seven years for full coverage, his HMO, HUMANA, refused to pay for the operation even though he would die without a transplant.
Enter Michael Moore...
Click on the arrow once. If nothing happens, click again.
I honestly thought this was fake. But it's not. This cop and his wife made some brownies with pot, ate some and freaked out to the point of calling 911 for rescue and rattin' himself out to the point he lost his job.
Scary to have cops on the job with this mentality!
MORE SAD STUFF
The 2007 Darwin Awards
Don't shake your head too hard; you'll get whiplash.
Yes, it's that magical time of the year again when the Darwin Awards are bestowed, honoring the least evolved among us. Here then, are the glorious winners:
1. When his 38-caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California, would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.....
And now, the honorable mentions:
2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat-cutting machine and, after a little shopping around, submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its' men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.
3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.
4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.
5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.
6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, he man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer...$15. (If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?)
7. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd just throw a cinder-block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder-block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder-block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.
8. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called "911" immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, "Yes, officer, that's her. That's the lady I stole the purse from."
(And they wonder why tigers eat their young!)
9. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti , Michigan, at 5 A.M., flashed a gun, and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away.
***A 5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER***
10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline and plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges, saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.
In the interest of bettering human kind please share these with your friends and family ... unless of course one of these individuals by chance is a distant relative or long lost friend. In that case be glad they are distant and hope they remain lost.
*******Remember..., they walk among us*******
1957 vs. 2007 - Then and Now
Jack goes quail hunting before school,
pulls into school parking lot with
shotgun in gun rack.
Vice Principal comes over, looks at
Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets
his shotgun to show Jack.
- School goes into lock down,
FBI called, Jack hauled off to
jail and never sees his truck or gun
again. Counselors called in for
traumatized students and teachers.
Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight
Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and
Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
- Police called, SWAT team
arr ives, arrests Johnny and Mark.
Charge them with assault, both expelled
even though Johnny started it.
Jeffrey won't be still in class,
disrupts other students.
Jeffrey sent to office and given a good
paddling by the Principal. Returns to
class, sits still and does not disrupt
- Jeffrey given huge doses of
Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for
ADD. School gets extra money from state
because Jeffrey has a disability.
breaks a window in his neighbor's car
and his Dad gives him a whipping with
Billy is more careful next time, grows
up normal, goes to college, and becomes
a successful businessman.
- Billy's dad is arrested for
child abuse. Billy removed to foster
care and joins a gang. State
psychologist tells Billy's sister that
she remembers being abused herself and
their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom
has affair with psychologist.
Mark gets a headache and take s some
aspirin to school.
Mark shares aspirin with Principal out
on the smoking dock.
- Police called, Mark
expelled from school for drug
violations. Car searched for drugs and
Pedro fails high school English.
Pedro goes to summer school, passes
English, goes to college.
- Pedro's cause is taken up
by state. Newspaper articles appear
national ly explaining that teaching
English as a requirement for graduation
is racist. ACLU files class action
lawsuit against state school system and
Pedro's English teacher. English banned
from core curriculum. Pedro given
diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns
for a living because he cannot speak
Johnny takes apart leftover
4th of July, puts them in a model
airplane paint bottle, blows up a red
FBI called. Johnny charged with
FBI investigates parents, si
blings removed from home, computers
confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a
terror watch list and is never allowed
to fly again.
Johnny falls while running during
recess and scrapes his knee. He is found
crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs
him to comfort him.
In a short time, Johnny feels better and
goes on playing.
- Mary is accused of being a
sexual predator and loses her job. She
faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny
undergoes 5 years of therapy.
Contributed by my Niece, Regina (Ryff) Bull
and her husband, Ron.
more to come